- Minimum age to volunteer is 14 years of age
- Interest in working with and helping children who have special needs
- Enthusiasm, patience, flexible personality, caring, mature and responsible
- Be available on a regular basis for the commitment that is needed: 1 to 2 hours, once a week, ongoing, a block of time, or for a project
- Criminal Reference Check:
- Must obtain a criminal reference check prior to beginning a placement at KidsAbility
- A criminal reference check completed within six months previous to placement beginning will be accepted
- KidsAbility provides a letter stating that you will be volunteering with us, which must be taken to the Police Station to minimize cost
- KidsAbility will reimburse for a criminal reference check if you are placed in a KidsAbility program. Reimbursement will not exceed $25.00
- Tuberculosis (TB) Test
- Completion of a TB (Tuberculosis) test prior to beginning a placement at KidsAbility
- A TB test completed within previous year prior to placement beginning will be accepted
- KidsAbility will reimburse for the TB (Tuberculosis) test if you are placed in a KidsAbility program. Reimbursement will not exceed $25.00
- Locations to complete TB tests are: your family physician, Waterloo Regional Health Unit (99 Regina Street South, Waterloo) or your university / college health unit
- Provide two references.
If you are interested in a volunteer position please complete our application by clicking here.