Our Support to You During COVID-19
Thursday March 19, 2020
A lot has changed in a few short days.
The Coronavirus (COVID-19) is the most serious global health concern our world is currently facing. Our hearts go out to families affected by the outbreak and we are deeply grateful to the thousands of healthcare workers who are on the front lines helping their communities.
Out of an abundance of concern for you, our donors, as well as our KidsAbility families, our volunteers, our community supporters, and our staff, effective immediately we’ve put into place the following measures:
Our Foundation Office & Team
- Our Foundation team has shifted to working from home – and we are here for you! We are equipped to stay in touch with donors, volunteers and community event organizers through email, cell phone or video conferencing until social distancing is lifted. And we would love to connect about what matters to you.
Our Foundation Communication
- Our website will be regularly updated, as will our social media channels: Facebook, Twitter and Instagram. You don’t need to have an account to view their content.
- To stay connected with you in the upcoming weeks, I will share community updates, information and little notes of encouragement and optimism through email.
- All Foundation events, tours, cheque presentations and events scheduled to the end of June have been postponed until further notice.
- Updates on community-led events in support of KidsAbility can be found on our Foundation events page. This site will continue to be updated as we receive information.
- We will re-assess events beyond June 30th as the situation progresses.
To our community event organizers
- We are grateful for your deep commitment and hard work to host events in support of KidsAbility Foundation. While you can choose to postpone your event, we would like to help you keep participants engaged and encourage donations online. If you would like our help with this, please reach out to Bianca Peluso, our Development Associate of Community Engagement at email@example.com
We are committed to staying connected to you.
Social distancing can be challenging – but with self-care, optimism and hope, we will get through this – together. If we can help in ways that make it easier for your family to manage through this time, please let us know.
I invite you to reach out to me. Let’s have a conversation. Let me know how we can help.
Executive Director, KidsAbility Foundationltalbot@kidsability.ca
P.S. I am humbled by those of you who are wondering how we are currently accepting donations. Donations will continue to be accepted on our secure donation page
. For those sending donations by mail, you may experience a short delay with your receipt. All mail should be sent to KidsAbility Foundation, 500 Hallmark Drive, Waterloo, N2K 3P5 at this time. Our staff will have access to regular mail each week so you can be assured your donation will be processed in a timely manner.