Navigating My Community - Kitchener - BSS Social Skills Group
To improve social safety skills through:
- Behaviour Skills Training on topics (instruction, modelling, rehearsal, feedback)
- Prompting and reinforcement to teach priority goals each session
- Data collection to assess acquisition of priority goals
- Identify community helpers
- Learn the different roles/jobs of community helpers
- Identify strangers
- Learn the dangers of interacting with a stranger
- Leaning what to do if a stranger or a community helper approaches.
Families will receive a summary of recommendations outlining the strategies developed through each week of group to continue to apply your learning in other settings. By registering for this group, you are committing to attending all session dates.
Dates: Tuesdays, January 18 to March 22, 2022