Me & My Friends I & II - Cambridge - BSS Social Skills Group
In this two part, twice weekly (Mondays and Tuesdays) BSS Social Skills group, learners will work through the Me & My Friends and Me & My Friendships curriculums.
Me and My Friends (I) is designed to develop richer social and play skills, focusing on learning how to be a good friend. During our group, your child will have the opportunity to build and expand on their socials skills with novel peers by practicing greetings with each other, learning how to start and engage in conversation with others, sharing and taking turns, understanding non-verbal communication
Me and My Friendships (II) is designed to build on the skills developed through the Me and My Friends (I) curriculum and is designed to develop advanced social skills, focusing on learning to develop and maintain friendships, and problem-solve within social interactions. During this group, participants will have the opportunity to expand on their social skills with peers by practising maintaining conversations and staying on track, expanding on conversations by asking questions and making comments, identifying peers’ perspectives, and compromising.
To improve friendship and conversation skills through:
- Behaviour Skills Training on topics
(instruction, modelling, rehearsal, feedback)
- Prompting and reinforcement to teach priority
goals each session
- Data collection to assess acquisition of
- Begin, maintain and end conversations with peers
- Trade information with peers to identify shared topics of interest
- Identify feelings and perspectives of others within social situations
- Invite others to play
- Practise turn-taking skills and appropriate winning and losing responses
- Engage in compromise strategies with a peer
Dates: 4:30-6:30pm on Mondays & Tuesdays from Oct 17 - December 18, 2022.