Hands On at the Big Top
Constraint Induced Movement Therapy Group
The Hands On program is a modified Constraint-Induced Movement Therapy (mCIMT) group targeted for children with one sided upper extremity weakness. This treatment approach involves restraining the arm/hand that is stronger, and forces intensive practice with the impaired arm/hand to promote functional use of that limb. This innovative therapy group has demonstrated positive changes in occupational performance and upper arm/hand function.
How to Access:
- Contact your KidsAbility Therapist
- Contact Intake at 1-888-372-2259, Ext.1214.
What to Expect:
- Hands on at the Big Top group is offered to clients ages 4 to 7 years old
- Times; 8:45 am to 1:00 pm daily
- The group is run by Occupational Therapists and trained volunteers
When is it Offered:
- Run annually over March break rotating each year through different KidsAbility sites
- $150.00 to cover the cost of materials and constraint splint