KidsAbility News & Updates
An Update for KidsAbility Families
April 27, 2022
Ontario recently announced it’s extending mandatory masking in health
care settings – which includes KidsAbility – to June 11.
As a result, KidsAbility will maintain its current mask mandate. Additionally, the following COVID-19 guidelines will remain in place at KidsAbility until at least June 11:
- All staff and visitors will continue to wear medical grade masks while on site.
- Clinicians will wear a medical grade mask or KN95 mask. Eye protection will be used.
- Children under five, and those unable to tolerate a mask, will be exempted.
- KidsAbility will continue to screen everyone upon entry for COVID-19.
- All staff, volunteers and contractors will continue to be required to be fully vaccinated (two valid doses).
- Families may request a virtual visit.
In KidsAbility’s ongoing efforts to keep everyone as healthy and as safe as possible while on site, we continue to stress the following to our clients, families, staff, contractors, volunteers, and visitors:
- If you feel sick, please stay at home.
- If you have a household or family member who is symptomatic or who has tested positive for COVID-19, please stay at home.
In all situations, we remain flexible and can always switch to a virtual environment or re-book an appointment if you are sick.
Chief Executive Officer
KidsAbility Centre for Child Development
COVID-19 Screening Questions
COVID-19 safety at KidsAbility continues to be our first priority. We remain diligent with our strict health and safety protocols and are pleased to announce we have successfully completed the Greater Kitchener Waterloo and Cambridge Chambers of Commerce and the Region of Waterloo's COVID-19 Safe Ambassador Program.