Entry to School Program
Your child is eligible if:
- They received a letter from the Ontario Autism Program (OAP) inviting them to be part of Entry to School.
- They are 3-6 years of age (as of December 31, 2022).
- They are starting Kindergarten or Grade 1 for the first time in 2022.
- They have an OAP number.
What does Entry to School offer?
- This half-day program runs Monday to Friday for up to six months.
- The program operates in a classroom environment led by Behaviour Therapists, with support from an Occupational Therapist, Speech-Language Pathologist, and Resource Consultant.
- Includes consultation with your child's home-school for up to six months following your child’s completion of the program to support their ultimate transition to school.
- Focuses on school readiness skills, including: communication, play, social Interaction, functional routines, behavioral self-management, pre-academics and learning and attention.
Where is the program located?
- At one of our KidsAbility sites in Cambridge, Kitchener, Guelph, or Waterloo.
- Please note: transportation is not offered to/from the program.
How do I apply?
- Call us at: 519-886-8886, ext. 1397
- Email us at: email@example.com
- Acceptance is offered on a first-come, first-served basis
Do you have questions?
- Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 519-886-8886, ext. 1397
- We can help with specifics related to your child, and any questions you have about your child's OAP services or funding. This includes whether or not you have also received an invitation to participate in the Caregiver Mediated Early Years Program.