We are here to help

KidsAbility offers many services, and while we have done our best to simplify the referral process, we know at times it can become confusing. We’re committed to supporting you.

Make a Referral to KidsAbility

If you’re unsure what services your child requires, or looking for support to navigate community services, please complete our general form below. KidsAbility is a SmartStart Hub, which means we will connect you to resources within the community related to the concerns you have for your child.

Attention Guelph Wellington Parents & Caregivers:

Families residing in Guelph & Wellington County, Here4Kids (Tel: 1-844-454-3711) is the point of entry for all children’s developmental services for children ages birth-six years old.

What is a SmartStart Hub?

A SmartStart Hub supports and connects families with services for concerns related to their child’s development and day-to-day functioning. Depending on a families’ needs, SmartStart Hub services may be provided by KidsAbility or by other community Partner Agencies.

Making a Specific Referral

Home and Community Based Needs

Referrals to Speech & Language Pathology (SLP), Occupational Therapy (OT), Physiotherapy (PT), and Social Work (SW) are made by parents, legal guardians, as well as community professionals.­

Waterloo Region Residents

Guelph & Wellington County Residents

Birth to School Entry

Referrals for children between the ages of birth to school entry, please contact Here4Kids first.

Referrals can be requested by contacting Here4Kids at 1-844-454-3711 or by fax at 1-844-454-3739.

Visit Here4Kids

School Entry 4 – 21

Referrals for children and youth are made directly through KidsAbility

School Based Needs

School Based Rehabilitation Services include Occupational Therapy (OT), Physiotherapy (PT) and Speech and Language Pathology (SLP) services provided to school-aged children and youth in their publicly funded schools.

Families and legal guardians are not able to self-refer for School Based Rehabilitation Services (SBRS) at this time.

All new referrals for School Based Rehabilitation Services will be completed:

  • By the child’s home school and sent directly to KidsAbility. Please talk to your child’s teacher or principal about referrals for School Based Rehabilitation Services.
  • By a KidsAbility therapist if the student is already being seen for KidsAbility services.

School Use Only – General Referral

SLP-Additional Information Form

Autism, Assessments & Behaviour Supports

Referrals to KidsAbility’s Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD) Assessment Team must be made by a physician.

Please return signed referral form via fax to KidsAbility:
Attention: Client Information Systems
Fax: 519-886-7292

Questions? Call 519-886-8886 ext. 1373

Learn more about our ASD Assessments

No referral is necessary. Contact our Goal Planning Specialists (GPS) at GPS@kidsability.ca or 519-886-8886 ext. 2242 to book a free consultation. We will work with you to build a plan that fits within your budget and goals for your child.

Learn more about Applied Behaviour Analysis (ABA) & Behaviour Support Services

  • Entry to School Program
  • Caregiver Mediated Early Years Program
  • Foundational Family Supports

Entry to School Program

You will receive a letter of invitation if you are eligible for the Entry to School program.

How to Register:
Call KidsAbility at: 519-886-8886, ext. 1214.
Email us at: intake@kidsability.ca.

It’s first-come, first-served.

Please have your child’s Ontario Autism Program number and invitation to register close by.

Learn more about the Entry to School Program.

Caregiver Mediated Programs

If your child is enrolled in the OAP and has received an Invitation Letter to the Caregiver-Mediated Early Years Programs from the Ministry of Children, Community and Social Services, they are eligible.

Ages for SCERTS: 12-36 months when starting the program.

Learn more about the Caregiver Mediated Program

Foundational Family Supports

To register for any of the foundational family support workshops, contact the Foundational Family Services team at: asktheabateam@kidsability.ca

To register for Mothers Addressing Autism Together – Peer Support:, contact Lindsay Crickmay at lcrickmay@kidsability.ca.

*Please note that childcare is not provided*

Please have your child’s OAP reference number ready.

Specialized Services

Inquiries for hearing screening for newborns visit ErinoakKids Client Services Intake Centre or call 1-877-374-6625, then press ‘1’.

Learn more about the Infant Hearing Program

New Referrals

New referrals to Seating & Mobility must be made by an Occupational Therapist.

Please send to KidsAbility, Attention: Specialized CSA by fax at 519-886-7292


If your child has previously been seen by KidsAbility Seating and Mobility Services, and…

  • You no longer have an Occupational Therapist or Physiotherapist servicing your child, please contact our Specialized CSA at 1 888-372-2259 ext. 1373
  • You have an Occupational or Physiotherapist servicing your child, please discuss your needs with them and they will complete the application.

Learn more about seating & mobility

New Referrals

All new referrals to the Augmentative Communication Services (ACS) team must be made by a professional.

Communication Needs: Referrals must be made by a Speech-Language Pathologist

Writing Aids: Referrals must be made by an Occupational Therapist


Clients may be re-referred to Augmentative Communication Services when they have been previously assessed and discharged by ACS. Parents may re-refer any time up to age 18 or high school exit.

Communication Needs: Identify face-to-face communication goals and reason for re-referral.

Writing Aids: Identify home-based writing goals as reason for re-referral.

Learn more about Augmentative Communication Services

Referrals can be made by anyone; however the presence of one of more of the conditions must be confirmed by an Ophthalmologist.

Referrals can be made to ErinOakKids Intake, Monday to Friday from 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Call 1-877-374-6625, and press 1.

If you have concerns about a child’s vision, don’t wait. The sooner a problem is identified, the sooner the child can receive early intervention services that support the development of their functional vision and sensory skills.

Learn more about Blind Low Vision Services

Guelph-Wellington – Enhanced Support Services

Referrals for Enhanced Support Services must be made by an Early Learning Educator or by a home childcare provider.

Educators and providers can find more information about making a referral here: https://www.wellington.ca/en/social-services/ceyd-enhanced-support-system.aspx

If you are a parent/caregiver with concerns, please discuss with your licensed childcare educator/provider and they can support you to understand what services are available.

Learn more about ESS

Waterloo Region – SPOT

Referrals must come from licensed Early Learning and Childcare Programs and are made in collaboration with the Resource Consultant and SPOT clinician.

If you are a parent/caregiver with concerns, please discuss with your licensed childcare educator/provider and they can support you to understand what services are available.

Learn more about Spot