Early Years Program Birth to School Entry
Our Early Years Program focuses on children from birth to school entry and emphasizes parent as therapy partners.
Our services may include:
- Early identification and Parent support/education
- Assessment, treatment and consultation to improve functional gross motor skills for home and community settings
- Prescription of therapeutic equipment for positioning and mobility i.e. standers & walkers
- Individual or group therapy with focus on parent education and coaching for home
- Information sharing to support transition to school
We use the Skyview Early Years Services model. This model has a strong focus on parents as therapy partners. The Skyview model may include:
- Assessment & Service Planning to support co-design of therapy goals
- Intervention to work towards achieving identified therapy goals
- Therapy breaks to allow for practice of skills learned
- Completion of therapy with referral or transition to other programs, if needed.
Families and caregivers of children aged 0- school entry can make a referral directly to KidsAbility.
The referral process is different depending on where you live:
- Waterloo Region – all referrals for children from birth – 21 (or completion of high school) are made directly to KidsAbility through the Intake Team (519-886-8886 ex. 1214 or 1-888-372-2259) or by filling in the online referral form.
- Guelph-Wellington – referrals differ by age:
- Ages 0-4: Contact Here4Kids at 1-844-454-3711 (or by fax: 1-844-454-3739) through Growing Great Generations, a collaboration of organizations including KidsAbility.