Speech for Early Years Children (birth-school entry)
Our Early Years Program focuses on children from birth to school entry and emphasizes parents as therapy partners, using the Skyview Model.
Our services cover:
- Early identification and parent support/education
- Motor, communication and play skill development
- Preparation for school tasks
- Recommendations for community resources and referrals
- Information sharing with school system to support transition to school
- Introduction to recreation and leisure programs with parents
Service Delivery for Early Years
- Access: First Steps
- Service Planning
- Break for practice followed by check-up appointment
- Completion of therapy with referral or transition to other programs, if needed.
All children in Waterloo Region and Guelph Wellington from birth to school entry.
For children living in Waterloo Region
- All referrals (0-school entry) are made directly through KidsAbility. Fill out an online referral form, or by contacting our Intake Team at ext. 1214: 519-886-8886 or toll-free at 1-888-372-2259.
Children living in Guelph Wellington
- Ages 0-4: Referrals for preschool children are done through Growing Great Generations—a collaborative of organizations in the community that KidsAbility is a member of. Referrals can be requested by contacting Here4Kids at 1-844-454-3711 or by fax at 1-844-454-3739 through Growing Great Generations.